the story of yumbox: a start-up trying to revolutionize the way we cook & eat!

Yumbox has two grand objectives:
1. Make the world tastier
2. Let the world fall in love with cooking

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fox and Obel

Moving forward with packaging

I'm a great believer in not reinventing the wheel, so I went to Fox and Obel's to see how they package and present their food. I took a lot of pictures, and brought them to Alliance Paper and Food Services. A sales rep of theirs helped me identify all the packaging types, and I should be receiving samples on Wednesday or Thursday. We are shooting to do our first product test on Friday. The plan is to prepare all the ingredients for a meal, investigate packaging options, package, and send the meal off to friends to try. Below are some pictures of the packaging methods I liked.

Packaging Pictures






Packaging Pictures
We will need labels both for the exterior of our package and for individual ingredients, Below are some pictures for label ideas. I will most likely need to go with whatever we can afford, but it's still nice to keep in mind what looks good.






2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of the first packaging (clear plastic with divisions). Looks clean & fresh and good with a label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I think this one is really appropriate for ingredients. Sadly, I've also found out it is expensive.

    ReplyDelete