the story of yumbox: a start-up trying to revolutionize the way we cook & eat!

Yumbox has two grand objectives:
1. Make the world tastier
2. Let the world fall in love with cooking

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lincoln Park Concept Testing

I visited Lincoln Park today with Wheaten Mather and Eric Li, my advisor and graphic designer. We struck up conversations with friendly looking people on the streets. We had three goals, get a feel for Lincoln Park as a potential pilot program neighborhood, get feedback on our concept, and decide between two logo's and names.

We learned that our hypothesis is right- that LP Caucasian Yuppies are interested in Yumbox. We also learned more about their preferences. They want the
ingredients prepared, they worry about freshness, they are willing to pay in the $30-$60 range for a meal for 4, and they're okay with ordering online.

In comparing our two logo's we received mixed feedback. The two logo's are below. There was a fairly even split in preferences. The one on top was applauded for its simplicity, while the one on the bottom did a better job of conveying fun, ethnicity, cooking, and delivery. The path I plan to move forward with is to remain with the name Yumbox Meals, but simplify the logo to have less clutter. I would love to hear more comments!

5 comments:

  1. the images aren't showing up for me but I still like the name ingredients better :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brilliant graphic designer would be happy to hear that, he is very proud of it. Graphics are fixed, thanks for letting me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Eric's design and the word "ingredients".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the name "YumBox" better, it's a little cuter and funkier than "Ingredients" (yuppies like cute/funky).

    What about having the box in the logo somewhere? A simple box with "Yumbox" on the side, and it's opening up with a few squiggly lines or some simple food items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great thoughts! I'll make sure the designers I am working with hear them.

    ReplyDelete