the story of yumbox: a start-up trying to revolutionize the way we cook & eat!

Yumbox has two grand objectives:
1. Make the world tastier
2. Let the world fall in love with cooking

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Developments

Text Color

Logo and Name Development
In the interest of moving forward with the core parts of the business needed to start the pilot program, I had settled on our current name and logo without much testing. I have been lucky enough to meet a group of student designers who are excited about helping with Yumbox. They are putting together a set of logos and names, and we will meet this weekend to discuss and test them.

IJ Clinic
Yumbox has been accepted as a client of the Institute for Justice Clinic on Entrepreneurship! The IJ Clinic provides pro-bono legal support for entrepreneurs. This is especially heartening since I was just talking to Sue from Edulender yesterday about ways to take care of legal issues. Part of the challenge of Yumbox is that it is a new concept, hence it is difficult to learn from the legal path taken by other businesses.

Packaging
I am shooting to do my first test of the product in it's packaging on February 2nd, so I am trying to get samples form manufacturers to test out before then. One manufacturer has been particularly responsive, and I am looking into two box types that might work. Pictures of them are below. I plan to get the boxes in white, and have 3 by 4 inch color Yumbox Logo's printed from Staples or Office Depot and placed onto the box.

1 comment:

  1. Good work Richard! It's great to see that you are making progress. I am sure there is a lot in your mind right now. Don't work too hard; and remember a creative mind is supported by a healthy body.

    ReplyDelete